Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery is a specialty of dentistry specializing in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases and abnormalities of the mouth, jaws, and associated structures. It combines various aspects of both dentistry and medicine, requiring training in both fields.
More simply put, the oral and maxillofacial surgeon is the orthopedic surgeon of the oral and facial region. He or she is an individual who addresses problems ranging from the removal of impacted teeth to the repair of facial trauma.
What are some reasons to visit an Oral-Maxillofacial Surgeon?
- Have teeth replaced by having dental implants inserted.
- Have bone grafts done in preparation for dental implants
- Have oral surgical procedures performed in the office under outpatient ambulatory anesthesia.
- Have a jaw, oral, or facial cyst or tumor diagnosed, removed and reconstructed.
- Have your jaw aligned with orthognathic(corrective jaw) surgery.
- Have your jaw joint(s) repaired with TMJ surgery.
- Have facial and jaw reconstruction following cancer surgery.
- Have your facial bones realigned after facial trauma.
- Have a tooth extracted(wisdom teeth, wisdom tooth)
- Serving Glendale, Burbank, Montrose, Eagle Rock, La Crescenta, La Canada, Pasadena, Toluca Lake, Valley Village, Los Angeles, Highland Park, Glassell Park, North Hollywood, Tujunga, Sherman Oaks, Sherman Village, Silver Lake, Hollywood, Atwater Village